Welcome!

The Goal: 12 buckles in 12 months in 2012 - to celebrate the milestone of my 50th year!

Thursday 24 November 2011

Post No. 2 - Training is underway

Well first of all I want to thank the two people who are following my page, very cool and I am honoured and want to apolgize for taking this long to enter my second post. Here is my update from over the last 10 days.

Since my last post i've been pretty busy. I participated in a hockey tournament as an on ice official in Elmvale last weekend and refeered 15 hockey games in 3 days so that meant about 20 hours on the ice Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I did fit in 8 kms on Saturday between my morning games and my afternoon games. That run felt good and the weather was fantastic. Sunday however I was just to tired and stiff to get any miles in. Monday night was a good short run and felt pretty good. I can tell the fitness level is starting to return and I'm feeling more comfortable each time out.

I bought two new pair of shoes this past week, I got a pair of Nike Lunaglide 3's as well as a pair of Salomon XT Gortex Wings. Both pair seem to be a good fit for the road and trail running.

I leave for Las Vegas on Wednesday with my friend Pat, he and I will be participating in the Rock and Roll Marathon Saturday December 3rd. I think Pat will be a really long ways ahead of me. My finish goal is to try to get over the finish line before 4:00:00. For me that would be fantastic however I'm not going to hurt myself to get there in 4 hours. I have to keep the long term goal in sight and this will be a great warm up for 2012.

I have registered and paid my entry into Beast of Burden and Iron Horse in Florida in February. Later this month I will register for New Jersey and try to stay a couple of months ahead of each event in terms of registration.

I am still looking for some small sponsors, anyone or any company who can offer small pieces of the puzzle that may be needed. I was dissapointed not to be selected for the North Face program, I was really looking forward to that and as I usually do, put the cart way before the horse. I'd even taken some time to scope out their stores and online sites to see what I would use the money on, lesson learned. I won't do that again.

After Vegas next week I will continue to run as much as I can and I've also registered for the 6 hour Run 4 R Kids event at York University in January. I think that will be my final long run before Beast on January 21st.

I will try to keep the updates coming. Thank you for reading my information and happy trails....till next time.

scott

No comments:

Post a Comment